DriveAway Pickup Contractor CDL-A Truck Driver Jobs
Put your truck to work in Bennett’s DriveAway Pickup division!
Earn big without the rig with high-paying truck driving opportunities in Bennett’s DriveAway Pickup division! If you have a pickup truck that’s one ton or greater that can handle one unit at a time OR up to three-unit combinations with our haul-and-tow vehicles, you can be your own boss while getting paid to see this great country.
Love country, Love trucking
at Bennett DriveAway.
Our CDL-A DriveAway Pickup Contractor Truck Driver Jobs Offer:
- Great pay – 79% of line haul
- Fast pay – 70% advance load; delivered loads paid daily
- 100% fuel surcharge
- No forced dispatch – choose when and where you run!
CDL-A DriveAway Pickup Contractor Equipment Requirements:
- 1 (one) ton heavy-duty pickup truck (or larger)
- Model year 2000 or newer
- Able to meet DOT requirements
- Current annual DOT inspection must be no more than 6 months old at time of orientation
- Fifth-wheel hitch: 20,000-pound load rating
- 2” & 2 5/16” solid ball mount rotated at 10,000
- 2 x 2 receiver hitch rated at 10,000
- Load-equalizing torsion bars rated at 10,000
- Electric brake controller for trailer brakes
- 12-volt battery for breakaway switch
- Seven pin (“Bargeman” female side”) electrical connector mounted near fifth-wheel hitch
- Towing mirrors (extended)
- Large sturdy mud flaps
- Emergency reflective triangles
- Mounted fire extinguisher with gauge
- Truck registration must be rated at 26,000 pounds
- **Single-axle tractors accepted
CDL-A DriveAway Pickup Contractor Truck Driver Requirements:
- Class A license or;
- Class B or Class C license with 6 months’ driving experience in past 7 years (pulling a trailer)
- Must be at least 23 years of age
- Must be able to pass federal DOT physical and drug screen
- Must meet FMCSA guidelines on safety clearance application
- No DUI in the previous 5 years
- No more than 1 (one) moving violation in the past 12 months; no more than two moving violations in the past 36 months
- All qualifications subject to management review
- Must be able to read and write in English
If you have no experience driving a commercial vehicle, we can still work with you.
Connect with recruiters today to learn how!