You don’t need to drive a big rig to earn big. All you need is a 1 ton or greater pick-up that can handle one unit at a time or up to three-unit combinations with our haul and tow vehicles. As long as you have 6 months OTR driving experience pulling a fifth wheel, hitch, gooseneck trailer or towable RV, you can put your truck to work for you, delivering the American Dream seeing the country and working for yourself.
Bennett - Recognized for our strong family culture, faith-based principles, love of country and trucking, and commitment to our core values.
A partnership with Bennett means:
- Great pay: 79% of linehaul; 100% FSC
- Fast pay – 70% advance/load; delivered loads paid daily
- No forced dispatch – choose when and where you run!
Pickup Equipment Requirements:
- Model year 2000 or newer 1 ton heavy duty pickup truck (or larger) able to meet DOT requirements
- Current Annual DOT inspection must be no more than 6 months old at time of orientation
- Fifth wheel hitch – 20,000-pound load rating
- 2” & 2 5/16” solid ball mount rated at 10,000
- 2 X 2 receiver hitch rated at 10,000
- Load equalizing torsion bars rated at 10,000
- Electric brake controller for trailer brakes
- 12-volt battery for breakaway switch
- Seven pin (“Bargeman” female side) electrical connector mounted near fifth wheel hitch.
- Towing mirrors (Extended)
- Large sturdy mud flaps
- Emergency reflective triangles
- Mounted fire extinguisher with gauge
Truck registration must be rated at 26,000 lbs.
Women in the Driver’s Seat Program:
There are some amazing independent women drivers and contractors at Bennett and we think that’s something worth celebrating. The Women in the Driver’s Seat program fosters ongoing communication and encouragement for women drivers through networking, driver recognition and industry events and resources.
Pickup Contractor Requirements:
- Class A CDL -OR-
- Class B,C CDL with 6 months driving experience in the past 7 years pulling a trailer
- Must be at least twenty-three years of age
- Must be able to pass Federal DOT physical and drug screen
- Must meet F.M.C.S.A. guidelines on safety clearance application
- No DUI in the previous 5 years
- Must comply with independent contractor’s daily log requirements as prescribed in 49 CFR Part 395
- No more than one moving violation in the past 12 months
- No more than two moving violations in the past 36 months
- If you have no commercial driving experience, we accept 6 months of experience pulling a personal trailer(s) if you provide the following information on your insurance company’s letterhead:
Policy must be current:
- Year, Make, Model
- Length of trailer
- Name of insured
- Expiration date of policy
- Length policy(s) have been held
- All qualifications subject to management review
- Must be able to read and write in English
Bennett Military Veteran Program:
If you’re a military veteran or a soon-to-transition service-member looking for a rewarding career as an independent contractor, we’ll help you get going. We have outstanding opportunities on our Motorized Delivery (Driveaway) or Pick-Up Equipment teams, whether you currently own a truck or not.